Our Community evolves and grows by:
- Welcoming all who share our vision, regardless of their path through life;
- Encouraging and supporting the exchange of ideas as a means of personal growth;
- Taking responsibility for our actions in the Community and the world;
- Accepting one another unconditionally;
- Participating in the life of the Community;
- Honoring the dignity of every individual, and;
- Promoting our mission, vision, and values through our activities in our local communities.
We engage the greater community by:
- Participating in social justice programs, projects, and education;
- Supporting programs and initiatives to create diverse, integrated communities;
- Encouraging civil discourse and learning with interested citizens on issues of importance for the local communities;
- Acting to ensure a sustainable natural and social environment, and;
- Asserting that our common humanity is more important than any individual differences.
These values guide us, and challenge us to define and live a good life.
We value and celebrate:
- COMMON HUMANITY. We respect the dignity and worth of every individual.
- DIVERSITY. We affirm all people and embrace all genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicities.
- OPEN INQUIRY. We pursue the free exchange of ideas, explore the lessons of science, philosophy, and the creative arts, and undertake independent spiritual journeys.
- COMPASSIONATE ACTION. We strive to safeguard and extend human rights, peace, and social justice, locally and globally, as individuals and jointly with others.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY. We care for our Earth home with mindfulness and responsibility for ourselves and for future generations.
- WELL-BEING. We promote wholeness and wellness of mind, body, and spirit, recognizing our self responsibility, inter-relatedness, and interdependence.