We’ll continue our exploration of Open Inquiry as Kent Dobson returns this week. Open Inquiry is certainly one of Kent’s strong points! Our six-month series Be of Value explores one of the six C3 Shared Values each month.
Matt Gabriel pays a visit as our musician. He’s a singer/songwriter who has spent over a decade writing and performing music around the country. He was with us a couple times last year. It’s great to know that our musicians like coming back to C3!
A few tidbits as you get ready to join the C3 Gathering on Sunday:
- Masks are Optional: Starting Sunday, March 13, the decision of whether or not to wear masks will be up to each individual. Masks will remain available to those who are more comfortable with one, but wearing a mask will no longer be a requirement for Sunday morning participation.
- Daylight Saving Time: begins at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, so remember to spring forward so you’ll get to C3 on time! And maybe extra strong coffee is in order to make up for the lost hour of sleep!
- Travel Time: Don’f forget to allow a couple extra minutes to negotiate southbound US-31 over the bridge. More information here.
Sundays at the Grand Haven Community Center (421 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven)
- 9:00 a.m. Pre-Talk: In Person
Meet the morning’s teacher in a small group setting for an open discussion of the morning’s theme.
- 10:00 a.m. Gathering: In Person + Livestream on Facebook
Welcome, readings, meditation from a community member, teaching and music
- 10:00 a.m. C3 Kids:
In Person (Woodbine Room)
- 11:00 a.m. Talk Back: In Person
A chance to share questions, comments and stories related to the morning gathering.
At their first meeting on Wednesday, the Board of Trustees selected the following members as officers:
- Chair: Sally Alderink
- Vice-Chair: Tom Edwards
- Secretary: Valerie Engeltjes
- Treasurer: Mark Smith
Congratulations and thank you to these members who are willing to serve the C3 Community.
Wednesday, March 9, marked the end of Charity McMaster ’s 5½-year tenure as C3 Board of Trustees chair. She started when we were searching for a new leader and is ending as we return to a new normal after a worldwide pandemic.
When asked about stepping down from the position, she said, “I appreciate being a part of and being able to serve this caring community. One of the most interesting aspects about being the public face of the Board was that people came to me with their concerns and ideas. This gave me a chance to know them better and feel even more connected to the C3 Community.
“There have been many times that Shannon and I have talked over issues and we think: ‘We have the people at C3 for a lot of our support. How do people without that kind of support manage?’ Given our experience at C3, I understand why individuals want to be part of a community and–in turn–serve that community.”
If you’re interested in reading more about Charity’s work on the Board, please click on this link
Still Seeking Person for Volunteer Data Administrative Role—A Request from Ellie Williams
Ellie writes: I enjoy the following tasks that I do for C3, especially anything to do with the data. BUT, I am soon going to be 86!
- Membership Data Maintenance (via Wild Apricot website) It would be prudent for C3 to have another person who likes the data/digital world to step in and assume the task of Membership Data maintenance. It probably should be someone who is active and knows the community.
Any of the following tasks could/should be taken on by another C3 member:
- Community Care & Concern: act as contact person, sharing news, needs, and response. Thank you — Filled
- Coordinate Welcoming Host Teams: schedule the teams, notify the teams weekly, find subs as necessary.
- Contact Ellie for more information: elliewilliams4@
We are taking a break from Week 3@C3 activities for March. We know C3 people are concerned about relief efforts in Ukraine and also contribute regularly to local charitable organizations, and you are encouraged to do so this month.
Also, If you know of an organization in the area that could use some Week 3@C3 help in the future, please contact Char Zoet and share that information with her.