- This event has passed.
Week 3@C3 Collection
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Week 3@C3 for September and October: Dignity Kits—Keeping Girls in School
Dignity Kits mean sustainable support for women and girls. Kits contain eco-friendly, washable menstrual pads and other hygiene items and fill an urgent need for hygiene supplies. Week 3@C3 will assist the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) of Goshen, Indiana, in putting kits together by providing the following:
Click here for a printable list and instruction sheet.
- 3 pairs of briefs (cotton; women’s sizes small, medium or large – one size per kit; no red)
- 1 hand towel (medium weight; dark or bright color; approximately 16” x 26”)
- 1 washcloth (medium weight; dark or bright color)
- 2 regular bars of bath soap (leave in wrappers; no “hotel” bars)
- 1 large bar of laundry soap (Fels Naptha, Sunlight or Zote brand)
- 1 wide-toothed comb (6 – 8 inches)
- 1 nail clippers (good quality)
- 4 plastic or wood clothes pins
- 4 heavy duty safety pins (two one-inch pins and two two-inch pins)
Instructions: Place contents in a brown paper bag and label the bag according to the size of the briefs. Kit will be repacked at MCC into a new two-gallon pail with a lid. Note: if unable to find any of the above items, attach note to bag, committee will add item.
We’ll do the shopping for you. One kit/$35; three kits/$100. Stop at the Week3@C3 table, or make a check out to C3, note C3-Dignity Kits on the memo line, and mail to: C3, P.O. Box 371, Grand Haven, MI 49417.