Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the C3 community. We look forward to receiving your application.
We are a community from many perspectives, spiritual and secular, exploring what it means to be fully human, wrestling with meaning, and working together toward a better life.
C3 inspires spiritual, intellectual, and creative exploration and action, led by the questions, “What are the biggest challenges we face on our shared journey, and how do we respond to those challenges?
Rather than doctrine or dogma, we gather around shared values, which both inform who we are and what we aspire to be. Learn more here.
About the Lead Teacher Role
To lead our community on its individual and collective spiritual journeys, we are looking for a deep thinker. Guided by values rather than by beliefs the Lead Teacher will access a wide range of resources, texts, and traditions to deliver thought-provoking messages to create content that inspires action.
The ideal candidate will be curious, open to new experiences, have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and use all of these qualities to inspire others to embrace humanity in all of its diversity, be receptive to new ideas, act with compassion, support environmental sustainability, and encourage mental, physical, and spiritual well-being.
Our Lead Teacher will work in tandem with the Executive Director and collaborate with the Board of Directors (BOT), and other leaders to successfully steer C3 in a spiritual, academic, organizational, and financially stable direction.
Exceptional spiritual leadership and community involvement will aid our organization in promoting our objectives, maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, achieving organizational goals, and maintaining an engaged, active community.
- Questions? If you have questions about the application process, please use our Contact Form and your query will be directed to the search team.
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teach up to forty Sundays each year. This includes delivering the main message during the gathering and leading small group discussions before and after the gathering.
- Work together with the Executive Director (ED) to choose exceptional guest teachers, ensuring that all lectures and materials like newsletters and social media posts are concordant.
- Collaborate with the ED, the Sunday Gathering Team, and Guest Teachers to form a network of like-minded people and groups locally and nationally that are aligned with our values and offer viewpoints that are different from our own.
- Offer input and collaborate with the Board of Trustees and relevant committees to keep C3 organizationally sound and relevant within the greater community.
- Participate in the development of a long-term vision and goals, support the BOT and ED in their efforts to engage our membership, promote growth, and maintain C3’s financial health.
Lead Teacher Qualifications and Desired Traits
- A visionary and content creator making novel connections, articulating new perspectives, and delivering new insights.
- Holds degree(s) in a relevant field or has obtained equivalent training and experience.
- Has a wide range of interests that feed a curious mind.
- Effective communicator with C3 Community Members, BOT, ED, and the community at large.
- Possesses the technological know-how necessary to keep up a social media presence and, in the COVID era, possibly deliver lessons online.
- Ability to imagine possibilities and motivate others to think creatively
- Can communicate successfully with other organizations and effectively represent C3 in the greater community.
- Aligns with C3 values and enjoys participating with our community.
- Ability to communicate publicly.
If you feel excited about this opportunity and have a track record that shows off your skills and experience, please submit the form below (cover letter and resume should be a PDF). The deadline to submit your resume and cover letter is Friday, December 15, 2023. You will receive a confirmation that we have received your application, and you will be informed of its status after each round of consideration. Finalists will be invited to one or more Zoom and in-person interviews. We hope the new hire will be available to begin no later than January 2, 2024.