C3 is a vibrant, values-based Community in an evolving world that inspires and empowers members in their quest to live a good life. We, in turn, engage and support others in the work for justice and compassion everywhere.
“We are a community from all backgrounds, spiritual and secular, who have come together to honor and explore what it means to be fully human.”
C3’s mission is to enrich and empower the lives of all people in body, mind, and spirit.
Our Community evolves and grows by:
- Welcoming all who share our vision, regardless of their path through life;
- Encouraging and supporting the exchange of ideas as a means of personal growth;
- Taking responsibility for our actions in the Community and the world;
- Accepting one another unconditionally;
- Participating in the life of the Community;
- Honoring the dignity of every individual, and;
- Promoting our mission, vision, and values through our activities in our local communities.
We engage the greater community by:
- Participating in social justice programs, projects, and education;
- Supporting programs and initiatives to create diverse, integrated communities;
- Encouraging civil discourse and learning with interested citizens on issues of importance for the local communities;
- Acting to ensure a sustainable natural and social environment, and;
- Asserting that our common humanity is more important than any individual differences.
We invite you to grow, learn, and add your own perspective.
Join us on Sunday Mornings at the Grand Haven Community Center.
9:00 a.m. Small Groups
- Coffee and Conversation: The Coffee and Conversations discussion group engages in topics involving current events and how they relate to our community.
- Awakenings: Enjoy silence or guided imagery set to soft music. Center yourself and begin your Sunday anew!
- Spiritual Inquiry: Our guest speaker previews the teaching of the day, including threads of conversation from philosophy, culture, history and both sacred and non-sacred texts.
10:00 a.m. The Gathering
Our community gathering is the integration of the diversity and evolution of our individual spiritual paths. Through carefully crafted liturgies, the pairing of sacred and secular readings, a variety of musical styles, expression of the arts through poetry and visual imagery, and a uniquely inspirational teaching; we seek to create an open space for all to explore being fully human, being love.
This service time is well suited for families as it features nursery care, childrens’ program, and youth program. This service runs for one hour and is followed by our Talk-Back session.
11:15 a.m. Talk-Back
Talk-Back is an opportunity for you to share your views, opinions, and questions regarding the morning’s teaching, the Gathering, and anything C3 related, with the teacher of the morning.
Upcoming Speakers at C3!
C3 Kids’ Time
08/20: Charity McMaster
08/27: Jean McCabe
09/03: Keith Ladler
09/10: Cindy Anderson