Our musician for the day is David Molinari, a singer-songwriter, composer, and multi-instrumentalist whose music draws from a wide range of genres and influences. He lives in Grand Rapids and always enjoys performing for the C3 Community. He has released three albums of original songs, which you can listen to at davidmolinari.bandcamp.com.
Sundays at the Grand Haven Community Center (421 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven)
- 9:00 a.m. Pre-Talk: In Person
Meet the morning’s teacher in a small group setting for an open discussion of the morning’s theme.
- 10:00 a.m. Gathering: In Person + Livestream on Facebook
Welcome, readings, meditation from a community member, teaching and music
- 10:00 a.m. C3 Kids: In Person (Woodbine Room)
- 11:00 a.m. Talk Back: In Person
A chance to share questions, comments and stories related to the morning gathering.
- YouTube Channel: Weekly Teaching Videos*
- YouTube Channel: Weekly Meditation Videos*
- Podcast Channel: Weekly Teaching Audios*
*posted Sunday afternoons or later in week
- Printable list of C3 Values
- Last week’s Newsletter: C3 Update for February 20, 2022
- Membership Data Maintenance (via Wild Apricot website) It would be prudent for C3 to have another person who likes the data/digital world to step in and assume the task of Membership Data maintenance. It probably should be someone who is active and knows the community.
- Community Care & Concern (act as contact person, sharing news, needs, and response)
- Coordinate Welcoming Host Teams: schedule the teams, notify the teams weekly, find subs as necessary.
Seeking Person for Volunteer Data Administrative Role—
A Request from Ellie Williams
Ellie writes: I enjoy the following tasks that I do for C3, especially anything to do with the data. BUT, I am soon going to be 86!
Any of the following tasks could/should be taken on by another C3 member:
News from the Board
The board continues to assess our Covid response, and part of that is our mask policy. We are considering having masks be optional beginning in March. If anyone in the community has questions or concerns about this possible change, please talk to a board member.
C3 Kids’ Craft Sale
The first-ever C3Kids’ Craft Sale on February 13 was a huge success. They raised $204 through the sale of hand-crafted bookmarks, greeting cards, painted rocks and bird houses, and the kids displayed great customer service! The funds will be split evenly between Pound Buddies and The People Center. Miss Mary relates that the kids were SO EXCITED about raising so much money that they are already talking about a second sale. They thank everybody who came to the table and made a purchase.
On February 6 following the Gathering, we met for the Annual C3 Meeting. An email with highlights of the meeting was sent out on Tuesday, February 8, but if you missed it, it’s attached here for you to see all the details! In short, we affirmed our values and membership; passed the proposed budget of $180,000; passed a couple small revisions in the By-Laws; elected new Board members; got an update on the Just Cause project; and awarded the Philip J. Koster Award for Meritorious Service to Patti Baldus! In tribute to Phil Magnan, all of the banners he created for C3 were on display in the Community Center. Click on the link above for photos and details.
Save This Date!
Our Adopt-A-Highway spring cleanup date is Saturday, April 30, with Sunday, May 1, as rain day. More details will be shared as the date approaches.
C3 Men’s Group — Now Meeting by Zoom
With most members out of town during the winter months, the C3 Men’s Group meets via Zoom on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. To join via the Zoom link, contact Phil Koster at 616-402-1751.
C3 and Friends Book Discussion Group
Are you ready for the C3 Book Club and Friends Book Discussion Group meeting via Zoom on Tuesday, March 15? At that meeting, we will select the stellar books to be read and discussed for 2022. Click here to read the attached document about the book selection procedure.